Responsive web design – not the future, already a must have
Internet traffic originating from mobile devices is rising exponentially each day. As more and more people get used to browsing the web through their smartphones and tablets, it is foolhardy for any website owner to ignore responsive web design. Responsive web design is a way of making a single website that works effectively on desktop browsers, mobile phones and tablets.
People who browse while on-the-go have very different needs than those sitting at a desk. Responsive websites re-organize themselves automatically according to the device viewing them so that the same website provides a great experience everywhere. The website automatically adjusts according to the device’s screen size, and orientation. Large or small – landscape or portrait; responsive sites switch between these on-the-fly. With RWD, we provide the optimal user experience irrespective of whether they use a desktop computer, a smartphone, a tablet or a smart-TV.
People are visiting your website from tablets and smartphones, no matter what industry you’re in. As your customers behavior is changing, you need to evolve with them. Virtually every business can benefit from a responsive design because of the increase of mobile traffic and the result of it – mobile conversion.
Still not still convinced? Scroll down to read 7 Reasons why RWD is the best option for your business.
Responsive web design – not just about fitting on a mobile screen
Responsive Web design is not just about fitting on a mobile screen; it’s also about making sure that functionality works in contexts and scenarios ideal for mobile. Factors such as Click versus Touch, Screen size, and many more have become crucial while creating websites with Responsive Web Design. Three samples: Phone numbers are dialable and your customer can get direct access into geo-location for directions. Buttons and text entry fields are touch-friendly.
7 Reasons why Responsive Web Design is the best option for your business
- Stay Ahead of the Competition Less than 12% of websites are currently optimized to take full advantage of the mobile web through responsive web design. Your business can gain a significant edge over the competition by becoming a responsive website owner.
- Responsive Web Design means Business For businesses, the main reason to implement responsive design is obvious. The easier it is for potential customers to navigate and find what they’re looking for, the higher the conversion rate is.
- Increased Conversions Since a responsive website caters to the specific device a visitor is using, the overall experience with your company is improved and the user is not as likely to go to your competitor.
- Preferred for SEO Google prefers responsive web design over mobile templates. Having one single URL makes it easier for Google bot to crawl your site, Googles external link algorithm and reduces the chance of on-page SEO errors. Responsive sites typically perform better.
- User Experience is Key The most appealing aspects of responsive web design is that a responsive website can provide a great user experience across many devices and screen sizes. It is an important characteristic since it is impossible to anticipate all the devices and screen sizes searchers will use to access your site. A site that works well regardless of these variables will provide a better and more consistent user-experience than a separate mobile site that is designed for a specific device and screen size.
- Responsive Adapts to Future Devices The size of the template is designed based on screen size, not on the device. This means that no matter what size the screen someone is viewing your website has, it will display properly for that screen size. So in the future as new devices (TVs, watches, glasses, etc.) are being used for web browsing, your responsive site will still look nice.
- Less is More With a very attractive yet simple design it is possible to help guide the visitor towards the desired conversion. The site visitor has a good experience and the business increases their odds of converting that visitor.
About the costs
Sometimes clients believe, responsive web design is costly. Like any custom web development effort, costs will ultimately come down to the requirements and complexity of the project. There are numerous factors that affect the costs of a responsive design website like the amount of breakpoints, content, style – like with every other project too. [WORX] clear and simple pricing lets you make better decisions. Our pricing is based on the level of effort and time a project will take. We work our clients to find the best solutions for them. We offer:
- Flat rate projects
- Hourly, support-related engagements
- Because long-term relations with our clients are essential elements for us, we offer ongoing maintenance contracts too